For the first time, due to the Covid, the vows ceremony took place this Friday, January 6, 2023 at the Creissels village hall. Jean-Louis Calvetmayor of the town, and on behalf of the Municipal Council, ” was particularly happy to present in person, his wishes for this new year 2023 “.
The 2022 balance sheet
For the year 2022, the mayor presented a quick assessment of the work carried out:
- Boulevard Raymond VII which connects the Raujolles roundabout to the Plaine de Buech subdivision. The work lasted eight months from January to December. A thank you: to the local residents for having endured the inconvenience caused during this period, to all the companies which carried out and respected the deadlines and to the Artimat company which allowed the expansion of the roundabout without any compensation.
- The LED lighting of public lighting for the sake of economy, is done in installments, by the company SDEL. In 2021, the entire crossing of the village was carried out (the avenues Marc Corneillan and Comtes d’Armagnac). In 2022, it is the turn of the center of the village and for 2023 the next intervention will concern the place of Baoumas and its surroundings. Still for the sake of economy, as in many municipalities, public lighting is interrupted for part of the night (midnight to 6 am).
- To preserve the dynamism of the village, premises have been renovated. This allowed the installation of a general practitioner in March and a cardiologist in September.
- For the embellishment of our village which is also our living environment, the roundabout of Captain Darret has been vegetated.
- For road safety, the operation of the traffic lights at “La Countal” and in front of the tobacco shop has been modified, to slow down vehicles exceeding the authorized speed.
- The town hall has a website: www.creissels.fr which will give you information on current events in the town. Your remarks to improve this site can be addressed to the town hall.
- A new service called “France Services” to help each citizen in carrying out administrative procedures. In the town hall, a trained and specialized hostess will be there to advise and assist you free of charge. This reception is Monday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
With this assessment, the mayor warmly thanks all those who have surrounded him on a daily basis. The entire City Council (deputies and advisers), administrative staff (secretaries), technical staff (six agents who carry out maintenance work), municipal staff (staff working within the Cascades school, two ATSEM and her two canteens).
Thanks also go to each of the actors of the municipality, to the health personnel (doctors, physiotherapists, nurses, nurses, nursing assistants and all the helpers..), to the craftsmen, traders, teacher farmers, but also to the volunteers who work within Creisselloise associations and within the municipal library.
The year 2023 begins with projects
- The rehabilitation of the “Ganache” café and the apartments located above. The goal is to open as soon as possible for this new business that will see the light of day.
- On the aesthetic side, the cleaning of the “Pesquié” is planned to remove the algae and alluvium accumulated over the years.
- The site where the war memorial stood has begun to be rehabilitated and will be completed later this year.
- Parking within the village seems to be a black spot. A reflection must take place and the team will be keen to try to improve the situation soon.
- During the second half of the year, the roof of the tobacco shop will be renovated.
To conclude, Jean Louis Calvet, wished everyone, “a very beautiful year 2023, full of joy, sharing, health and conviviality and invited the Creissellois to close the ceremony, to share the wine of honor and galette “.