Within the framework of Adolescent Week, which is celebrated from September 26 to 30, the Adolescent Health Supervision of the Ministry of Public Health carries out activities in different municipalities of Salta with the aim of promoting the right to health of this age group.
The motto used this year is “adolescents free of violence”, and seeks to strengthen access to the health system for adolescents, strengthening friendly spaces for care, considering the particularities that each municipality presents and demands.
The official launch of this Week will take place on Monday 26, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., in the Plaza Güemes in the capital. There will be comprehensive health stands, playful, recreational and artistic activities.
In addition, a group of adolescents from Chicoana and the Artistic High School No. 5093 “Tomás Cabrera” will present various artistic activities.
“All adolescents can participate in the talks, workshops and activities for free at their local health institution, remembering that from the age of 13 they can attend without the need to have adult references or caregivers to accompany them” , said the supervisor of Adolescent Health, Ileana Fernández.
A series of activities were designed in the different operational areas of the province to commemorate Adolescent Week:
Joaquin V. Gonzalez
- During the week, there will be vocational guidance group workshops.
- On September 30, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., there will be recreational games, group dynamics, institutional stands, a tender with graphics made by teenagers, among other activities.
- From September 26 to 29, workshops will be held in secondary schools, in which they will address issues such as violence, Grooming, self-harm and suicide attempt, healthy eating, driver education, among others.
- On September 30, in the main square, the youth fair will be held.
- Workshop on violence in the Municipal Auditorium room, on September 28, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
- Exhibition of school, police and hospital stands, on October 7, in the central square.
Rosary of the Border
- The adolescent care office will be inaugurated on September 26 at 11 am in the El Mundial neighborhood.
- On September 29 and 30, health education workshops will be held in the main square. In addition, from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., there will be stands from the hospital, the Red Cross, the Municipality, and INTA.
- On September 27, at the Cultural Center, there will be a suicide prevention day “words that care”, aimed at adults, community leaders, teachers and the media.
- The meeting of “violence-free adolescents” will be held on September 28, which will have playful stands where good treatment with a gender perspective, interpersonal relationships and sexual health will be promoted.
- The Municipality will hold, on September 30, a youth meeting.
- Workshops on Grooming, Bullying and psychological violence will be held in the following secondary schools: Las Palmas, Bachillerato Agrotécnico and Técnica Loyola.
City of Salta
- Health Center No. 11, Miracle City.
A youth health fair will be held on September 28 in the ARA General Belgrano plaza.
- Health Center No. 14, Miguel Ortiz.
From September 26 to 30, workshops will be held in both shifts, addressing the following topics: self-esteem, healthy eating, bullying prevention, physical changes, coexistence and healthy attitudes.
- Health Center No. 17, San Remo.
On September 27, starting at 2:30 p.m. in the neighborhood square, various activities for teenagers will be carried out.
Counseling on sexual health, nutritional and nursing medical check-ups, contraceptive methods, dermatological consultations and placement of subdermal implants will be carried out from September 26 to 30, in this First Level establishment.