Welcome > Provence > Politics > South region. Presentation of regional prizes to the winners of the ‘Pour en (…)
During the international day against school bullying, Ludovic Perney, Vice-President of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region, in charge of Youth, Sports and Student Life, representing Renaud Muselier, President of Provence -Alpes-Côte d’Azur, presented the regional prizes to the winners of the “To put an end to school harassment” competition, alongside Bruno Genzana, regional councilor, President of the Youth Commission, student life and intergenerational links and Claude Alemagna, regional councillor, President of the High Schools and Orientation Commission.
- First prize awarded to the Lycée de la Méditerranée (la Ciotat 13) ©Jean-Charles Verchere
The Regional Prize for the Fight against School Bullying
As part of its Regional Plan for the Fight against School Bullying, the Region has organized a regional prize for the fight against school bullying in order to combat and emancipate itself from this phenomenon. The winners were selected by a jury made up of regional elected officials, representatives of academic services and young people from the Regional Youth Parliament.
The objectives of this award
• Raise awareness among high school students and their families about school bullying.
• Enable high school students to become players in the prevention and fight against school bullying.
• Promote the implementation of innovative, experimental or long-term projects in schools for high school students or in their environment (Regional Youth Parliament, associations of young volunteers).
3 winners and a special jury prize for this 2021/2022 edition
The Regional Prize Awarding Committee awarded prizes to the creations (video productions, posters, drawings) produced by the first 3 winners of the competition according to the following distribution: first prize: €3,000 – second prize: €2,000 and third prize: €1,000.
• 1st Prize: Lycée de la Méditerranée (la Ciotat 13), for the production of a poster and a short video.
• 2nd Prize: Lycée Thomas Edison (Lorgues 83), for the production of a video and a poster.
• 3rd Prize: Lycée Pierre et Marie Curie (Menton 06), expressed through drawing and comics,
• Special Jury Prize: Lycée Jacques Audiberti (Antibes 06), creation of a collaborative site against bullying and cyberbullying.
Renaud Muselier to recall: “ We place our young people at the heart of our priorities, indeed the well-being of young people is one of the pillars of my mandate. High school students are particularly exposed to multiple problems on a daily basis, including those related to various forms of harassment. It is essential to allow them to attend school in a peaceful environment. By making young people and those around them aware of this scourge, we enable them to become actors in the prevention and fight against school bullying. This Regional Prize rewards their initiatives and aims to enrich the citizenship path of young high school students in the area. Congratulations to all for your commitment! »
The fight against school bullying, a major regional cause
Preventing and combating bullying in the school environment is a decisive foundation for the success of all young people. ” Through its innovative Action Plan, adopted in plenary session on October 28, 2021, the South Region has made the prevention and fight against school bullying a major priority of its mandate. “.
A plan broken down into a 7-point action plan, with a budget of €1 million
• The organization of a day against school bullying on the occasion of the national day against school bullying on Thursday, November 10, 2022 for this year.
• Confirmation of the role of the mediators of the Regional High School Guard by becoming ambassadors for the fight against bullying at the end of the training provided by the Ministry of National Education as part of its program to fight against bullying at the “PHARE” school.
• The organization of awareness-raising workshops and distribution of an information booklet on school bullying to regional high school officials.
• The creation of a regional prize for the fight against school bullying with an annual budget of €6,000 to reward all the initiatives carried out by high schools and including the call for projects entitled “To put an end to school bullying” .
• The creation of a factory “Fight against school bullying” within the Regional Youth Parliament whose 1st mission was to draft a Charter proposed for the signature of high school students and the creation of an escape game which will be rolled out in secondary schools in the region.
• The organization of verbal self-defense workshops in all high schools in the region to give young people the means to respond to bullies,
• The prioritization of funding for all educational actions initiated by high schools on the theme of the fight against school bullying.