One of the biggest commercial hits in the film world recently returned to theaters. Spider-Man: No Way Home it was in fact released again in theaters with 11 additional minutes.
This extended edition, called More Fun Stuff Edition, expands some scenes already present in the film and adds new ones. Mostly they are scenes that add little or nothing to the original film but, for those who loved Spider-Man: No Way Home, it could be a good excuse to review the feature film from Marvel Studios and Sony.
Below you can find a brief description of all the new scenes in the extended edition of Spider-Man: No Way Home.
- An introduction sees protagonists Tom Holland, Tobey Magure and Andrew Garfield. The three describe their experience on set and the scene ends with Maguire and Holland at the end telling Garfield “We love you too“. In the film, Garfield’s character has a sudden show of affection for the other two and they clumsily respond “Thank you. ” After this introduction the film begins.
- Peter and his friends are all interrogated by Damage Control. We see more scenes of Peter being questioned by Cleary (Arian Moayed). He asks him specific questions about the incident in Washington and also asks him everything he knows about it Night Monkey.
- There is a scene where Peter stops and pulls up with the spider web a bag thief (played by Tom Holland’s brother, Harry Holland). The scene continues with a series of passersby lashing out at Spider-Man, this one as the criminal swings back and forth above them.
- Peter goes back to school, talks to his teachers (JB Smoove, Martin Starr, Hannibal Burress) and continues down the hall. This is largely what we have already seen in the film. The news comes later, when all the students they film the boy with their cell phones. In a later scene that takes place in the school gym a group of students urge Peter to climb the walls. A dejected Peter reluctantly complies with the other students’ request. Peter leaves gym class and runs down the hall. In the hall, let’s see Flash Thompson (Tony Revolori) doing a copy signing. The boy tries to greet him “best friend”Peter as he passes, but the latter ignores it.
- The longest scene in the extended edition is a multi-minute news-style segment led by Betty Brant (Angourie Rice), who interviews some of Peter’s teachers, Flash, Ned and Peter himself.
- After Peter recruits MJ (Zendaya) and Ned (Jacob Batalon) to help him capture the multiverse villains, there’s a whole montage of them that they set up their posts downstairs in the Sanctum Sanctorum. The scene has several comic moments within it.
- The extended edition of No Way Home adds new moments starring J. Jonah Jameson (JK Simmons). The most significant scene comes after Peter captures Electro (Jamie Foxx) and Sandman (Thomas Hayden Church). Jameson does a telephone interview with a power company employee named Walter Burke who tells him what happened to the power lines.
- We see Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau) arguing with Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox). They are preparing a deposition for display at Damage Control but instead of paying attention, Happy keeps looking at his phone. She is watching the security cameras in her apartment and sees Peter bring in the villains from the Multiverse. This scene is immediately followed by a short additional moment in which we see everyone in the elevator together. Matt tells Happy to put down the phone and Happy he asks incredulously how he knew what he was doing.
- The conversation that Peter 2 (Tobey Maguire) and Peter 3 (Andrew Garfield) about the Statue of Liberty awaiting villains has been extended with about an additional minute of dialogue. The two argue that their old nemeses are lucky to have a second chance. Later the topic about the Peter’s organic cobwebs 2.
- The new credits scene shows Betty Brant on her school TV show. As she talks we see images of Spider-Man Homecoming and Far From Home, none of which mention Spider-Man or contain Peter. The scene suggests that Strange’s spell worked.
The More Fun Stuff Version was released in theaters starting in August 31, 2022 in Indonesia, followed by the United States and CanadaSeptember 1st. Such an extended edition will arrive in Italy on 18 September and will be available until 22.