Announcements for the school with the Aid decree ter fired last week by the Council of Ministers and expected in the Official Gazette.
The scheme of the Aid ter decree in draft with aid to families and businesses provides for the school first of all reform of technical and professional institutes in implementation of the provisions of the NRP which is also accompanied by a specific training course for teachers.
The decree also allocates some resources for peer schools to cope with expensive energy, as well as providing subsidies for accommodation for off-site university students.
Despite the measures envisaged for the school for the trade unions, as can be seen from the communiqué of Anief, the government is still far from responding to the real problems of the Italian school and the discontent of teachers and temporary workers. Precisely in the light of this, Anief declares itself ready for mobilization and strikes in the autumn.
Pending the official text in the OJ we see what it foresees for schools, the Aid ter decree with the upcoming novelties.
School: reform of technical institutes and teacher training with the dl Aid ter
In the Aid ter decree, particular emphasis is placed on the innovations concerning the reform of technical institutes and which is also accompanied by training for teachers. The draft text provides, as stated, the redefinition of the profiles of the curricula in forceaiming at:
- strengthen the skills linguistic, historical, mathematical and scientific, the connection to the socio-economic fabric of the reference territory, favoring laboratory work and innovation;
- enhance the teaching methodology by skillscharacterized by interdisciplinary planning and learning units, as well as updating the student’s educational, cultural and professional profile and increasing flexibility spaces.
It is therefore established that it will be a special decree of the Miur a redefine addresses of technical and specific institutes timetables.
Furthermore, the draft text of the Aid ter decree provides:
- mechanisms aimed at giving the continuity of learning in the training offer of technical education paths with tertiary education paths in the technological sectors, including the guidance function aimed at accessing these paths, also in relation to the needs of the reference territory, in coherence with the provisions relating to ITS Academy and to qualifying professional-oriented degrees;
- recognition at the universities of formative credits accrued as part of the curricular internships carried out by students attending the last year of technical institutes, in order to accelerate the achievement of the professionally oriented degree title;
- specifications training activities intended for the teaching staff of technical institutes, aimed at experimenting with innovative laboratory teaching methods, in line with the specificities of the territorial contexts,
- at regional or interregional level of agreements, called “Educational pacts 4.0“, For the integration and sharing of professional, logistical and instrumental resources available to technical and professional institutes, companies, training bodies accredited by the Regions, ITS Academies, universities and research centers, also through enhancement of technical-professional centers and community educational pacts, as well as the planning of shared laboratory experiences, within the resources available under current legislation;
- direct disbursement by Provincial Adult Education Centers (CPIA) of technical education courses;
- measures to support the development of the internationalization processes of the institutes in order to achieve the European Education Area in line with the objectives of the European Union in the field of education and vocational training. This last point also concerns vocational schools.
Those of the Aid for schools decree are provisions that will therefore require specific implementing decrees by the competent ministries.
The decree also provides for the institution at the Ministry of Education of theNational Observatory for Technical and Vocational Education which carries out “advisory and proposal functions for the improvement of the sector and to better respond to the needs of the labor market by making supply and demand converge.”
School: aid to equality and university accommodation
The Aid ter decree also provides for aid for peer schools as well as measures for university student accommodation. In fact, according to reports from the trade unions, they are allocated 10 million euros to help private schools cope with high bills.
Regarding what is foreseen for the public school, as we have anticipated, the unions do not however say they are satisfied especially Anief who with a press release announced possible future strikes:
“Probably – comments Marcello Pacifico, leader of Anief – this is the last act of the government on schools, which took place as usual, once again without a confrontation with the social partners and without listening to and being aware of the serious and true problems of the same public school attended by over 7 million pupils. Anief, at this point, is ready to proclaim the strike and a series of union assemblies. “
And he concludes:
“Our goal is to finally place the school at the center of the legislator’s action in the next legislature, in order to address all those actions indicated in the Anief Manifesto of 25 September and in the Ata Manifesto with the ultimate goal of promoting the project that lead to a just, fair and supportive school “, concludes the trade unionist.”
For the university, on the other hand, a fund called “University Housing Fund“Of 660 million euros.
The text provides that “the charges deriving from the implementation of this paragraph, equal to 660 million euros, will be drawn from the resources provided for by the M4C1-1.7 Reform of the Pnrr.”
For confirmations and details on the measures for schools provided for by the dl Aid ter, as well as the implementing decrees, it is necessary to wait first for the official text in the Gazzetta.